Wednesday, March 7, 2012

so. much. fun.

okay. i love color. i mean, even neutrals are colors. i love picking out color schemes and seeing new palettes put together. in fact, my idea of a fun afternoon is to browse the paint chips at home depot, lowes or wherever and think about what colors i might put together. since a lot of you guys who read this are into decorating and design, i think you know what i'm talking about.

i am unsure if i am just late to the game or something, but holy cow i found the most fun thing in the world for a person who loves color schemes. do not laugh at me if i'm just out-of-my-mind late to the show here, but i found this incredible website on this woman's awesome blog. it's called design-seeds.com and when i saw it my mouth dropped open and i thought, "where has this been all my life?".

okay. what they do, if you were unaware like me until now, they take beautiful inspiration photos and pull colors from them to create gorgeous color schemes. like. for real. beautiful. i went there to see if i could find inspiration for our nursery. i realize this has become baby central any time i blog lately, but what can i say? when a baby hijacks your body, it kind of takes over your brain also. but this doesn't have to be about babies for you guys! you can use this website for anything you want!

the point is, i was having real trouble focusing on what i want. i love everything. all different styles and color schemes... my focus is nonexistent right now. but this website helped SO. MUCH. just looks at these gorgeous works of art.






i am in love. for real. i am already so inspired. and the good news is i am inspired with a girl's color scheme and a boy's color scheme. i really love the spring brights for a girl's room. i don't think i would do any purple textiles, but i would bring it in with some art and accessories. for a boy i really like the springtime hues. it's interesting to me because both images have a lot of the same colors and cool green and blue tones. i wouldn't have figured that out or realized my focus so easily if it hadn't been for this amazing website. seriously go there if you haven't. but make sure you've got some time. it's so fun and addicting. and the pictures are dreamy. do it. : )


2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this site either! This sounds so awesome, I'm going to check it out right now! Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those colors are glorious!

    ReplyDelete

If you've stopped by, please leave a comment to let me know! I love hearing from you!