As with all rooms of the house, it is a work in progress. Her nursery in our apartment was the one room I considered "done", but after we moved into our house it kinda sat bland, boring, and messy until I found some inspiration. As I mentioned before, the theme of this house is s-l-o-o-o-w when it comes to decisions and projects. I don't like rushing myself to get something done before I have an exact idea of what I want and how I want to do it. Otherwise I get "buyer's remorse" or, in this case, "decorator's remorse". I have had that one too many times, friends, so I have learned my lesson the hard way.
As I said, I was a little stuck until I came across this image on Pinterest:
I used The Sherwin Williams Chip It! tool to get an idea of paint colors, and finally had the inspiration to get started!
This is where we started the day we saw this house:
And honestly, it wasn't much different from that for over a year.
This is the same view today:
We chose to use Comfort Gray for the walls, and it is truly as lovely as everybody says. It's gray, green, and blue depending on the light and time of day, and I kind of love that.
I still have a lot of plans for the room, but I will just show you the pictures of the progress we've made.
Right now I am distracted with the kitchen, but there are a few more projects to do to finish up Lydia's room... you know, until I get the urge to change it again ;)
..... back to painting I go!