Thursday, June 9, 2016

Quick Tip Thursday




Quick Tip Thursday isn't a thing; I just thought it sounded cool. I don't know that I have enough tips to keep that going for very long lol. However, there is an annoying problem I have had with my mattress since we bought it and I finally have a solution.

I am talking about this:





I mean. No. I like my mattress, but I do not want to look at it nor do I want to sleep directly on it. We have a pillow top mattress, and at first it was difficult to find sheets that fit. Now they make them a little wider for that issue, but because of that extra several inches, our sheet is always popping off. I mean, I used to fix it every day. Then if I got up during the night I would fix it again. Then I gave up. Then one of us would end up with the fitted sheet bunching up under our pillow, so I decided something needed to be done about this.

Then my sister told me about these handy little guys:


I mean, maybe I have been living under a rock for an age, but I had NO IDEA anything this marvelous existed. I mean, I am finicky about my sheets, so the irritation of my sheet popping off would keep me awake with frustration and annoyance. No. Mama needs her sleep, people. These things are amazing.

They have little teeth that grip the sheet to keep them secure:



And the link above comes with 4, so you can attach them to each corner of the bed.

I just pull the mattress out a bit and clip each side of the suspender to the sheet, making sure it's very tightly pulled.



I pulled it out from under the mattress so you can see about how far apart the clips need to be.

Then I adjust it to the tightest setting.

Then pull the sheet down really tight over the bed!


Ahhhh, that is what I love to see! That baby isn't moving anywhere!


So. Much. Better.

Really. I mean, this?:


Or this?:



I think the answer is clear here. Is anybody else weird about their sheets like me? Plus I mean, it's a rare day the bed gets made, so the fitted sheet cannot be all wrinkly and sloppy. No. We have been using these for about 7 months now and honestly, as long as they are clipped on well (make sure to get those teeth all the way on the sheet!) we have zero problems with our sheets popping off. Yes! Success! I wish I had known about these 8 years ago when we bought this mattress! It's the little things, people ;)


Have a great Thursday!!





*I have no affiliation with Amazon or the company that makes this product. I just provided a link for the convenience. I just really love these!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've stopped by, please leave a comment to let me know! I love hearing from you!